The pompadour hairstyle adapted and popularized for men by Elvis Presley. After Elvis, the pompadour haircuts becomes one of the popular hairstyles for men. Today, the modern pompadour no longer matches the retro greaser style. Instead, the men’s pompadour has taken on textured, loose look paired with an undercut or fade from the sides. Today, the pompadour continues to be a classic style which suits almost all type of face cut and hair types.
The length of hair depends a lot on the style you choose for the pomp, and guys also started to customize the look with the type of hair. For instance, you will find some barbers who are expert for side-parted pompadour, whereas others may also combine this style with new hair design, too. In this article, you will find almost every type of pompadour hairstyle ranging from the classic to modern, short and long pompadour as well as the different ways to style a pompadour that makes this style more classic.
- 1 What Is A Pompadour Hairstyle and Haircut?
- 1.1 Men’s Pompadour Haircut
- 1.2 How To Style A Pompadour Hairstyle?
- 1.2.1 Classic Pompadour Hairstyle
- 1.2.2 Modern Pompadour Fade Haircuts
- 1.2.3 Curly Pompadour Hairstyle
- 1.2.4 Classic Pompadour Haircuts
- 1.2.5 Wavy Pompadour with Undercut Hairstyle
- 1.2.6 Classic Pompadour with Beard
- 1.2.7 Classic Tapered Sides + Messy Pomp
- 1.2.8 Long Pompadour + Undercut + Part + Designer
- 1.2.9 Side Part Pompadour + Mid Bald Fade
- 1.2.10 Disconnected Pompadour + Line Up + Beard
- 1.2.11 High Undercut Fade with Shot Pompadour and Beard
- 1.2.12 Modern Pompadour with Beard
- 1.2.13 Skin Fade with Textured Pomp
- 1.2.14 High skin Fade with Comb Over Pomp
- 1.2.15 Long Pompadour with High Bald Fade and Long Beard
- 1.2.16 New Pompadour Style with Drop Fade
- 1.2.17 Parted Pompadour with Short Sides
- 1.2.18 Long Textured Pomp with Low Taper Fade and Hipster Beard
- 1.2.19 High Razor Fade with Tick Pomp and Full Beard
- 1.2.20 Cool Modern Pompadour with Shaved Sides
- 1.2.21 Very Short Pomp Cut with High Fade and Hair Design
- 1.2.22 Side Parted Pompadour with Taper Fade
- 1.2.23 Undercut Pompadour with Part
- 1.2.24 Mid Fade Pomp
What Is A Pompadour Hairstyle and Haircut?
Whenever one talks about Pompadour, it means long hair on the top and short hairs on the sides and back. The high volume of hair in the front makes this style more unique. The volume of locks gradually recedes towards the back of the head.
Men’s Pompadour Haircut
Classic vs. Modern Pompadour
The classic style has long hair from sides that slicked back, and the modern pompadour falls under the category of short sides and long top by copulating the signature look on top with some tapered fade on the sides like low, skin mid, or high fade. The modern look is also known as fade pompadour.
How To Style A Pompadour Hairstyle?
Steps to style a pompadour haircut is simple and straightforward, here are the steps:
First, wash and dry your hair with a towel till slightly wet.
Blow dry your hair with round brush on light heat. Do it so your hair can take a general shape of a pompadour by brushing from the front and diagonally or front to back, depending on how you want to set your pomp. Take little amount of pomade, rub it and warm it up between your hands until it warms up, and apply it in your hair evenly using your hands.
Instead of starting from the top, apply first on sides except for faded pompadour) and slowly moving to the top of the head. If needed take more pomade to hold your front.
Now comb your hair and set the style to exhibit the roots to the pomade and creating a solid hold. You can start it by first picking the sides back and then work on the top. To make a part in your pomp, do it at this step.
If the pompadour needs volume, comb the front upward direction few times. You can do this by brushing straight up and using your free hand to set the falling hair into place. It will also help you manage how high or low you want the front.
There would be another style if the first one did not work for you. Place your free hand in the middle of your head to style pomp, so it is gently touching your slicked-back hair. Now combing the hair in front upwards and push this hand forward slowly simultaneously.
Classic Pompadour Hairstyle
Modern Pompadour Fade Haircuts
Curly Pompadour Hairstyle
Classic Pompadour Haircuts
Wavy Pompadour with Undercut Hairstyle
Classic Pompadour with Beard
Classic Pompadour with Beard is really stylish hairstyle for men. You may like our list of beard style for men.
Classic Tapered Sides + Messy Pomp
Long Pompadour + Undercut + Part + Designer
Side Part Pompadour + Mid Bald Fade
Disconnected Pompadour + Line Up + Beard
High Undercut Fade with Shot Pompadour and Beard
Modern Pompadour with Beard
Skin Fade with Textured Pomp
High skin Fade with Comb Over Pomp
Long Pompadour with High Bald Fade and Long Beard
New Pompadour Style with Drop Fade
Parted Pompadour with Short Sides
Long Textured Pomp with Low Taper Fade and Hipster Beard
High Razor Fade with Tick Pomp and Full Beard
Cool Modern Pompadour with Shaved Sides
Very Short Pomp Cut with High Fade and Hair Design
Side Parted Pompadour with Taper Fade
Undercut Pompadour with Part
Mid Fade Pomp
It is all about Pompadour Hairstyles and Haircuts. Try the one which you finds the best for you. Also, share your views about this article and style in the comment box below. Thank you for Stalking!